Friday 25 September 2015

My morning thoughts on the high chair

Looking at the title of this post is a bit ambiguous to me so you probably have no idea what to expect right now but maybe that's part of the fun. So by now you might know that I'm a lifeguard and, as much I love it, there are times when staring at an empty pool (yes, we have to watch it when no ones using it) gets a tad boring. So here you have a shortened list of the things I think whilst sat on the lifeguard chair on the early shift...

1. It's 7:30am. People don't come swimming at this time of morning...unless you're a regular. Oh yes, that's Bob, and Harold, and Roy, and...

2. Okay, 7:31. Only 19 minutes until you can rotate. Only 19 minutes. Stay awake Kathryn, you can do it.

3. You've been in work for half an hour. Well done, you've earned £3.50. That's almost enough for a coffee. And you could go out for coffee if it wasn't for the fact that you're in work.

4. Actually, coffee sounds like a good idea right now. Why didn't you boil the kettle before you came on to the pool? If you boil it when you come off the drink will be cold by the time you get to have it.

5. Damn, I need a wee. How come I didn't need it two minutes ago? 

6. Aaaannnd I'm surrounded by water. Marvellous.

7. Only another 7/8/14 hours until your shift over. You'll be alright. It'll fly by.

8. I have wet feet. Why did I jet wash before the pool opened? And why didn't I change shoes? Now they're gonna be wet all day. 

9. Don't look at the clock Kathryn, 7:50 will come quicker if you don't.

10. It's 7:32am.

Hope that humoured you and if you're interested in a sequel, let me know down below 😊 I'm also a swimming teacher, receptionist and gym instructor so I suppose any of those could make an interesting rant!

Keep smiling,
Kathryn x


A little disclaimer: I really do enjoy my job.  This shows an extreme and is just for the purpose of your enjoyment. A lot of people consider my job as 'easy money' and 'just watching water' but it's really not. We have to have to deal with some big emergencies and a lot of the time we spend 2/3 of our day cleaning. 





No comments:

Post a Comment