Sunday 16 November 2014

Escape theory

Everyone has that one place that they take themselves to in their mind when things just aren't going right. I don't mean a bad place where all of the negative things you've ever thought about yourself just keep coming back. What I do mean is that one place where you feel 100% comfortable. The memory you'd go back to in a heartbeat if you could.

It's the place that gives you the hope and strength to keep pushing on, to look forwards and the place that reminds you of everything that you have to fight for. Telling you where my place is isn't going to help you find your own; you have to do that bit for yourself! But being able to have an escape when you need one is so comforting and just what you need when things aren't quite going your way. 

Sometimes I'll spend weeks at a time in this comfortable and happy place and others I won't need it for such a long time. But I know that if I need it, it'll still be there, in my mind and in my heart. Even if you only need a place to escape to for a few seconds to help you carry on there's always somewhere that you can go to that'll make everything okay; the real place might no longer exist but the metaphorical one, the one in your head, that still does. And that's my 'escape theory': that there's always a place for you to go when you need a break from the real world and all of life's problems just for a little while. So where is your escape theory destination? Tell me about it in the comments or just take a moment to think about it.

Keep smiling,
Kathryn x

No comments:

Post a Comment