Monday 15 August 2016

Trains

I'm on a train. Story of my life. I used to really really hate train journeys but I guess I've warmed to them a little. 

I enjoy people-watching at the platform cafes, and feeling as though you're being productive enough to rest for a few hours because you know that you're heading in the right direction. And that's enough for now, right? 

For journeys I take regularly, I like the part of the journey that I can guarantee I will have signal for because it gives me time to call a friend that I've not spoken to for a while. And as for the rest of the free time, being creative, being creative is always lots of good fun. I read and I write and I draw. And sometimes, just sometimes I'll do a little bit of work. But only ever enough to cross a couple of items off that day’s to-do list before reverting back to sleep or creativity. 

But the best sort of train journey is a train journey to the unknown. A train journey to a place that you've never been before or to start a new adventure. Because travelling has given to the ability to open new doors and the possibilities are endless.

Keep smiling, 
Kathryn x

1 comment:

  1. I like this story. Also my son was born on August 15th, the date of this post.
    Trains, I took my aging father on a train to his 64th high school class reunion in North Dakota. He refused to fly, even though he was in the air force during world war two. Maybe he had enough flying in his life.
    This is a nice blog, keep writing...

    ReplyDelete