Saturday 18 October 2014

Booktober: week 2

This week I've been extremely busy and had so little time to relax or do anything that I really wanted to so I had every excuse not to read a full book this week. But I was not letting that stop me! You have to make time for the small things because sometimes they become the big, important things!

I was in work today on a break and decided that I'd read this week's book: Dead Time by Anne Cassidy. Cassidy is an author that I used to absolutely adore! Her stories have an enjoyable element of mystery and usually a very unpredictable ending which is what I love most. And I thought I'd read all of her books but was thrilled to find she'd relatively recently published a new series called The Murder Notebooks. Obviously I had to get hold of a copy of the first one as soon as possible! 

This book tells the story of not-quite step-siblings Rose and Josh who end up separated after their parents mysteriously go missing. The police insist that it was most likely murder but then close the case and the children are not convinced! They take matters into their own hands to try and discover the truth about what happened that night.

Dead Time was a fantastic read; definitely not a let down. I loved the way that different parts of the story were linked together and the way that mystery and suspense was created. This would definitely be a recommendation to others! 

Keep smiling,
Kathryn x

No comments:

Post a Comment