Thursday 18 December 2014

Writing to winter: December 18th

Dear Winter,

Sometimes you have to say no Winter. There was so much I had to do today but I was also supposed to spend my afternoon doing something that I have a commitment too. I didn't have quite enough hours in the day Winter, and usually my answer to that is to stay up a bit later and squeeze it all in, but today I couldn't. I just couldn't.

Sometimes when you have to say no you feel like you've let everyone down but, in all honesty, they'll still be there when you're done. If you've done everything well up until now, one day off isn't going to make a difference. Winter you need to remember that you might have a commitment to them but you also have one to yourself. To look after yourself so that you can do the best for others to. 

Remember that no one is going to think less of you for putting something that is important to you first on one occasion. So do what you need to do Winter and those who care will understand why you had to do it.

Keep smiling, 
Kathryn x

No comments:

Post a Comment