Thursday 4 December 2014

Writing to winter: December 4th

Dear Winter, 

I'm not sure where today's letter is going to take us so I think we'll just have to roll with it if that's okay. 

So a lot of my random inspiration for posts comes from my surroundings; from people around me and from my experiences. But the times when I seem to get this written down well I am in one of two places. I'm only going to talk about one of those today, the other will come in good time, but the first one is when I'm travelling. I frequently write blog posts sat in the back of the car as a way of blocking out what's going on around me; it's a great escape strategy! I find that it helps time to pass super quickly and I feel like I've used my time kind of productively. 

But that's not quite what I want this letter to explore Winter. Recently, I've been taking driving lessons and even have my test booked! At first I really didn't want to start but now I'm kind of glad that I did because I love the feeling of freedom; the idea that very soon, I could take myself absolutely anywhere! I've already been lucky enough to see so many different places and cultures but I don't want to stop there. There are so many more places that I want to visit! 

I know it's hard for you because you've got such a strict routine to stick to but if you could go to anywhere that you haven't been Winter, where would it be? And where would you advise me to go? Sometimes I wonder if there's any point staying in one place when there's so much more to see. I know I'm a homebird and I'll always end up back in my own little village but what you do in between being where you're comfortable can really change the world if you do it well so with all of the freedom in the world, what would you do? 

Keep smiling, 
Kathryn x

No comments:

Post a Comment