Saturday 20 December 2014

Writing to winter: December 20th

Dear Winter,

The best things in life are spontaneous aren't the my Winter. Today started off just as any normal Saturday morning; I got up early for training then, like a lot of Saturday's, I headed to work. I spent the morning teaching swimming lessons and then the afternoon as a leisure assisstant.  I knew that it was the day of the works Christmas party but wasn't too keen on the idea due to anxiety related issues. 

Half way through my shift someone called in saying that they were too ill (hungover) to go and they wanted to give their place to someone. So, after a lot of persuasion and promises from two lovely people that they'd look after me, I ended up agreeing and had an hour after my shift to get ready.

The night was eventful (bumping into my teachers on a night out and such) but, although I was slightly disappointed that my meal had already been ordered and it was stuff I didn't like (so I lived on carrot and swede, giving my food to others), I had one of the best nights of my life. In some ways I was so proud that I'd done something completely spontaneous and this has just shown me that unpredictable things can be fantastic and don't have to be scary. Winter, I need to learn to say yes to new experiences but I'm getting there, are you?

Keep smiling, 
Kathryn x

No comments:

Post a Comment