Sunday 28 December 2014

Writing to winter: December 28th

Dear Winter,

I rarely go out so don't be getting the impression that I'm some sort of party animal Winter but I had another work Christmas party today. I was quite excited which is unlike me but it didn't really go to plan...

Something I wasn't to excited for was the food, I really am not a fan of Chinese food at all. Even the plain things like rice so I ended up eating bananas and custard! But after about an hour and a half I ended up with a really awful migraine, caused by flashing icicles opposite me. 

Now I suffer from 'chronic migraines' so I can usually deal with them quite well but this was different. After the meal I was looking forward to a couple of drinks around different pubs and just having a good time. Possibly more importantly, everyone else wanted me to go and I don't like not being able to please people. But I think I did the right thing. 

Sometimes Winter, you have to put yourself first. It's important to take care of yourself. And what I had to do was go home, take a few Migralieve (which make minimal difference), sit in a dark room and have a drink of something pretty warm and sugary. I was still the same for 28 hours (78 is the record) but if I hadn't left early, if I'd stayed to please everyone else and not looked after myself, it would have been longer. Sometimes you have to do what if right Winter, even if it seems selfish.

Keep smiling,
Kathryn x

No comments:

Post a Comment