Monday 8 December 2014

Writing to Winter: December 8th

Dear Winter,

You have to admit that Christmas is creeping up when you come home from college to be greeted by a little bit of Bublé, a fridge full of tiffin and you you can't even see the kitchen table for mince pies. Only nine college days left until I can relax for a little bit and, as much as I don't really enjoy relaxing like most people, I think I will be glad of the break.

Today has felt like one of the longest days of my life Winter. You had me up throwing hailstones against my bedroom all through the night and I just gave up on sleeping at around half five. But that's fine; and very character building! It gave me chance to get lots done so my day has been long but productive. 

Character building. An interesting choice of words I think and that's what I want to write to you about today. In life the average person will go through lots of things that they don't want and have to do lots of things that they don't want to do. But wise words from my swim coach have taught me that 'good people do well in the things that they want to but better people do well in the things that they don't'. Just some words for you to think about today Winter.

Keep smiling, 
Kathryn x

No comments:

Post a Comment