Wednesday 3 December 2014

Writing to winter: December 3rd

Dears Winter, 

You gave us our first proper frosty morning today. I was absolutely shocked to see the beautiful white layer of fairy dust or icing sugar all around as I left for college wrapped up nice and cosy by my coat, scarf and gloves. Obviously you managed to bring out my childish side; who can resit a smooth mirror of icy? I can't! So I guess I'm sorry to all of the children who walked up after me and missed out on smashing the ice. I'm sure you'll treat them to some more won't you Winter? After all, you've really only just begun! 

Is it exciting to start afresh every year, to have control of the world for just over three months? I bet it is! Or maybe a little tormenting. I guess you never really get to see the sun, or the bees buzzing through the trees. And you miss out on the long days and ice cream. But I think you get the most time to think. To work out who plays what role in the world and where some things are going wrong. Do you get jealous of the other seasons? Maybe you just appreciate what you have whilst you've got it. 

Keep smiling,
Kathryn x

No comments:

Post a Comment