Wednesday 24 December 2014

Writing to winter: December 24th

Dear Winter,

It's Christmas Eve Winter, and I woke feeling really unchristmassy. I guess that's my own fault; being up for swimming at 5am then working straight through till 5pm in a place that isn't all that Christmassy. So to sort out my appauling attitude towards Christmas I found a CD player, a very Christmassy CD and made some mince pies and tiffin. But even taking all of those things people seemed to refuse that it's nearly Christmas until my shift ended. 

I came home to sort out the last bits and bobs: helped prepare the veg for Christmas dinner; tidied up a little bit and wrapped up the remaining presents. By that point I was sorted, my Christmas spirit was lit and I was exhausted, ready for bed! So that was my Christmas Eve, what did you do winter? 

Keep smiling,
Kathryn x

No comments:

Post a Comment