Friday 5 December 2014

Writing to winter: December 5th

Dear Winter, 

Today's been a long and busy day; so much to do but so little time, or at least that's how it felt! I've got exams, jobs and work all coming out of my ears and for a couple of minutes I even believed that I was driving myself crazy - before I realised that I'd done that years ago! I managed to cross off one of my many important tasks to do this month and feel pretty glad that I have. 

On the way home I decided to pick up a quick starbucks so made my usual order 'small salted caramel hot chocolate with soya milk' and was absolutely ecstatic when they gave me a large because they'd ran out of small AND medium paper cups! It was like a small reward for all of the work I've been putting into things at the moment and came at exactly the right time for me! 

I know that this is just a small example that shows good things do happen when you work hard. Like when you bring up snow Winter. It must take so much time and effort to gather the energy to give up that soft blanket of cotton wool, but when you do, you get to see so many children happy and playing. And that's when you get your reward! 

Keep smiling, 
Kathryn x

No comments:

Post a Comment