Monday 22 December 2014

Writing to winter: December 22nd

Dear Winter,

Today was the first day that I could properly just relax. I've been working all weekend but now it's the holidays so I have no commitment to leave my bed. That said, I still woke up at 7am and by eight o'clock I was already bored of doing nothing. In the end I went shopping to get the last bits we needed before Christmas and, if there's one thing to learn from that experience, don't do it again so close to Christmas!

ASDA was packed. I was beginning to feel sorry for sardines! People were trying to rush everywhere yet it was virtually at a standstill and what should have taken less than an hour ended up taking three. It wasn't great for anxiety reasons either; so many people pushing and shoving can start to make you feel a little bit overwhelmed. I then returned home to find a nice little list of chores that needed doing.

Oh Winter, I've come to the conclusion that I can't have a day of rest; it's not in my character at all. Every time I try to sit and relax or do nothing my mind wanders, finds me something to do and sooner or later I end up with five hundred thousand things to do. Tasks seem to follow me around and pat me on the shoulder when they need doing. But is that such a bad thing Winter? It annoys me a little bit but is it just a sign of being well disciplined, or is it being obsessive?

Keep smiling,
Kathryn x

No comments:

Post a Comment